Demand for electricity is expected to increase as the extremely cold weather lingers for the next several days. Customers are encouraged to conserve electricity, if health permits – especially from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Customers can take these simple electricity conservation steps:
- Set thermostats lower than usual, if health permits.
- Turn off electric lights and appliances that you do not need or are not using.
- Gather in a central room where you have alternative heat. At night, cover windows with drapes or blankets to minimize heat loss. During the day, open blinds to let sun warm the space.
- Keep draperies and shades open during the day to let the sunshine in; close them at night.
- Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
You can also view our Helpful Ways to Save brochure for more conservation tips.