Keeping your home or business cool requires more energy as temperatures rise. But a little preparation can help you stay comfortable and manage your summer energy bills.
Here are some simple ways to help save money and energy:
- Turn off lights when you leave the room
- Close window blinds and curtains to keep the sun from warming your home or office
- If health permits, set the temperature on your air conditioner a few degrees higher – but be sure to stay comfortable
- Use window or whole house ventilating fans
- Unplug electronics when they are not in use
- Place a dry towel in your clothes dryer with each load of wet laundry to absorb dampness and reduce drying time
- Barbecue outside instead of heating up your kitchen with the stove or oven
For more ways to save, visit our Save Money and Conserve Energy section. You will find tips to help you save money and energy, as well as information about programs in your area that can help you save even more.