At Pepco, we recognize that some of our customers rely on life-support equipment that requires electricity to operate. We encourage these customers to sign up for our Emergency Medical Equipment Notification Program (EMENP). The program provides advance notice of scheduled outages and severe weather alerts to customers who depend on electricity for emergency medical and life-support equipment.
What We Provide To Qualified Participants
- An annual information package to help customers with life-support equipment prepare for emergencies in their homes
- Advance Notification of scheduled outages for maintenance or construction work that might affect their electric service
- Advance Notification of severe storms such as hurricane warnings that could lead to extended outages on our electric system
Please note that since customers who rely on electricity to power life-support equipment are located throughout our service area, it is not possible to provide restoration priority to these customers following storm outages. In addition, the program does not exempt customers from disconnection of electric service for non-payment.
How to Get Started
To enroll, please download, print and complete the certification form or call our Customer Care Team to request the certification form to be mailed to you. The fax number for submitting completed certification forms is 800-461-9737, or you may send the form to us through:
Customer Credit Department
701 Ninth Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20068-0001
How to Prepare For Emergencies
- Assemble a “storm kit” and include a battery-operated radio or television, flashlight, a first-aid kit, battery powered or windup clock, extra batteries, an insulated cooler and a list of important and emergency phone numbers.
- Keep at least a 3-day supply of nonperishable foods and bottled water and have a hand-operated can opener available.
- Check your supplies of medications, prescription drugs and any special health need items such as Contact lens supplies or infant supplies.
- Identify a location with emergency power capabilities, and make plans ahead of time to go there or to a health care facility during a prolonged outage. One alternative would be to ask a relative or friend who has power if you can stay with them.
For more tips on how to prepare for emergencies, visit our EMENP page on our website.
Important Phone Numbers
To report downed wires and life-threatening emergencies, call us at 1-877-737-2662 and follow the prompts.
Servicio en Espanol: 202-872-4641