Since my last blog post, “New Online Billing System,” I’ve noticed we still have some customers with issues logging in to “My Account” to view and pay their bills.
First, on behalf of Pepco, we appreciate your patience as we work through all of the issues. I can assure you that we’re continuously working on ALL of the complaints we’re getting. That said, we’ve been able to funnel everyone’s issues into three main sources; Password Reset, Hold Times, and Error Screen.
1. Password Reset
Customers who have signed up for “My Account,” but can’t remember their username and/or password need to reset it. All they need is the answer to one of the security questions to reset their username and/or password. If a customer can’t remember any of the answers to their security question or is locked out of the system they can call Customer Care at 202-833-7500 to remedy the issue.
2. Hold Times
Customers calling into Customer Care have been getting long hold times. We currently can’t control the number or calls we get, but we can provide call backs without customers losing their place in line. If interested in getting a call back, follow these simple steps:
- Call 202-833-7500. After the recorded message finishes, there is a prompt asking what the purpose of the call is.
- Say “Online Billing.” At that time, callers will be connected to the next available CSR. While being connected to the line to speak to a CSR, customers will hear the current hold time and be offered the option for a call back.
- Press “1” for that option.
3. Error Screen
Currently, Firefox and Internet Explorer are the ONLY browsers compatible with the 3rd party vendor we use for “My Account.” Customers will continue to get error messages if they’re using browsers other than Firefox or Internet Explorer. We’re working diligently with our vendor to support other browsers.
If you are using Firefox or Internet Explorer is the browser in use and error messages are still popping up, follow these simple steps:
- Close all of your open browses sessions and try again with a new browser session.
- If you continue to experience problems, clear out internet history & cookies. Go to the menu bar and select Tools. In the drop down menu, choose Internet Options. A pop up box will appear on the screen and the option to clear out internet history and cookies will be there. Note: all browsers are configured differently and the path to this action may be different.
- Close browser.
- Relaunch browser.
As I said in the last post “I hope this post was useful to you. If not, it may be useful to any Pepco customers you may know, so feel free to forward it on to them.”
‘Til the next post,